3. Supplier Management¶
The first step is to setup the suppliers from the “suppliers” menu.
Most of the supplier settings are obvious, however here are some details about import fields :
- Email : very important as the system will use this email address to notify the supplier for a purchase order
- Minimum of order : displays a warning message in the purchase order if the order total doesn’t reach the minimum value
- Carriage Free Amount :displays a warning message in the purchase order if the order total doesn’t reach the carriage free amount
- Currency : used to initialize the PO currency (can be changed then)
- Tax rate : used to initialize the PO tax rate (can be changed then)
Note : you can import suppliers from a CSV file using the “Import” button from the main suppliers screen.
Product / Supplier association¶
Once suppliers are created, you can associate them to products : our extension supports multiple suppliers for one single product.
Association products and suppliers provide several advantages :
- Apply filter by supplier in most of the screens
- Automatically fill the supplier sku and buying price when you create a new PO
- Compare supplier prices from the supply needs screen, to optimize the purchase costs
For each product / supplier association, you can define :
- Supplier sku : this is the sku of your supplier, it is used in the purchase order PDF sent to your supplier
- Buying price : this is the buying price using the supplier currency.
- Primary : select a supplier as primary (favorite - mainly used for the drop shipping extension)
To manage associations, use the “Product /Supplier association” menu :
- To associate a product and a supplier, apply the filters in the grid, then select the “Associate to supplier” mass action and click on the submit button.
You can also export the list using the same screen.