3. Supplier Management¶
The first step is to setup the suppliers from the “suppliers” menu.
Most of the supplier settings are obvious, however here are some details about import fields :
- Email : very important as the system will use this email address to notify the supplier for a purchase order
- Minimum of order : displays a warning message in the purchase order if the order total doesn’t reach the minimum value
- Carriage Free Amount :displays a warning message in the purchase order if the order total doesn’t reach the carriage free amount
- Currency : used to initialize the PO currency (can be changed then)
- Tax rate : used to initialize the PO tax rate (can be changed then)
Note : you can import suppliers from a CSV file using the “Import” button from the main suppliers screen.
Product / Supplier association¶
Once suppliers are created, you can associate them to products : our extension supports multiple suppliers for one single product.
Association products and suppliers provide several advantages :
- Apply filter by supplier in most of the screens
- Automatically fill the supplier sku and buying price when you create a new PO
- Compare supplier prices from the supply needs screen, to optimize the purchase costs
For each product / supplier association, you can define :
- Supplier sku : this is the sku of your supplier, it is used in the purchase order PDF sent to your supplier
- Buying price : this is the buying price using the supplier currency.
- Primary : select a supplier as primary (favorite - mainly used for the drop shipping extension)
To manage associations, use the “Product /Supplier association” menu :
- To associate a product and a supplier, apply the filters in the grid, then select the “Associate to supplier” mass action and click on the submit button.
- To remove a product / supplier association, apply the filters in the grid, then select from the drop-down mass action at the top left corner the “Remove” mass action and click on the submit button. Then you should see in the ‘Associated’ column value to ‘No’ for the product(s) you just removed association with the supplier.
You can also export the list using the same screen.