4. How to use¶
Price tracker uses barcodes to match products.
If there is no barcode available for a product, Price tracker can’t retrieve its competitor prices.
Before going to next steps, please make sure all the products which you want to monitor have a barcode.
To display the Price Tracker application main screen, go to
Apps > Price Tracker by BoostMyShop, using the left menu.
You should now see a list of your products, with several information displayed on each product :
As the previous picture shows, there are 2 display types for a product :
- Product hasn’t been matched with competitor’s products
This may be due to different reasons :
- No barcode available : You didn’t fill the Barcode field in the product settings
- No offer for this product : There is no competitor’s offer for this product at the moment
- No result : The barcode you used for this product hasn’t been found
- Product has been matched with competitor’s products
If the product has been matched, you can see an array with all competitors information.
Let’s have a look at this information :
All competitor’s information (name, price, shipping price, total price) is displayed for each product.
It’s now quite easy to update your product’s price seeing the competitor prices.
For example in the screenshot above, we can see that the actual price of the product is really more expensive than competitor’s best price.
To adjust the price, it’s pretty easy :
- Adjust the price as you want in the price field
- Click on the save button just next to it
Your product’s price is now successfully updated.
Creation of collection¶
To create a new collection of products, go to
Products > Collections.
Then, click on
[Create Collection] at the top-right corner.
You should now see this screen :
In the first section, you can give a title to your new collection, and optionally a description.
In the last section, you can choose how products will be added to this collection :
- Manually select products : You can manually choose which products you want to put in the collection
- Automatically select products based on conditions : You can choose conditions to sort products to add to the collection
When you have all set-up, click on
[Save collection] to save your new collection.