3. Supply needs¶
1. Prefered stock level¶
When ERP is installed, a new field is displayed in the product sheet :
The prefered stock level can be set for each product : when the product stock level goes beyond this limit, a new supply need is created. By default, prefered stock level is set to 0 for every products.
2. Backordered products¶
Basiscally, Prestashop can handle backordered products : a backordered product is a product sold without stock to fullfill the order : in this case, ERP will automatically create a supply need to inform you that you have to purchase this product.To enable backorders for a product, go in the product sheet and check « Allows orders » in the « When out of stock » section.
3. Supply needs¶
Supply needs list is available with menu ERP > Supply needs :
For each product, the system display several information :
- Sku : product reference
- Product : product name
- Stock : current stock level (a negative stock level means that you have backordered products)
- Prefered stock level : see above
- Status : 3 values can be displayed
o Sales order : you must purchase the product to fullfill a sales order.
o Prefered stock level :you must purchase the product because the stock level is below the prefered stock level
o Pending supply : this status means that the product is needed but a purchase order exists and is expected for delivery. When the PO delivery will be created, the supply need will be hidden.
- Supplier : product supplier
- View : display product sheet
4. Create a purchase order¶
You can easily create a Purchase Order from supply needs :
- Filter products list (with suppliers for example)
- Tick every products you want to add to the purchase order : you must also select the quantity for each product. Around the quantity field, the system displays a minimum quantity and a maximum quantity :
o Minimum quantity : quantity needed to fullfill orders
o Maximum quantity : quantity needed to fullfill orders AND to reach the prefered stock level.
- In the action menu, select the right supplier and click on the « Execute » button.
Then, a new purchase order is created and the selected products are added to the PO.