1. Unable to load store!¶
If you get this error message when you try to reach POS interface, it’s probably because you did not save POS information for your user as mentioned in the installation process.
Go in System > Permission > User > [ Select your user ]
Fill all information of “POS information” section and Save.
2. POS and MagentoClientComputer¶
Here a check point list to solve common problems¶
1 - Did you install Magento Client computer on magento? Here the online documentation.
2 - Does the option “auto print receipt” has been saved to yes in : System > Sales > Point Of Sales ?
3 - Try to run the software MCC .exe as “Administrator”
4 - Check the FTP directory rights at : System > Configuration > Advanced > Magento Client
Auto print receipt option do not work¶
Auto print receipt require the extension “Magento Client Computer”. This extension allow you to send the receipt to a remote printer.
But you must install it on your Magento and your computer ( Windows OS only ).
Once MCC is installed and configured you must must run the executable MagentoClientComputer.exe
If the extension is correctly installed you should see a windows notification “last update...”
Now enable the option “auto print receipt” in POS configuration page to send the receipt during the order creation.
If the receipt is not send check the Magento Client Computer FAQ section and check your printer to handle the common issue (paper, ink, connexion etc..)
3. The request payment method is not available and please select store errors¶
Most of the times, that happens because the current magento user is not properly configured within Point of Sales.
To do so, you should go to System > Permissions > Users -> [Select a User ], then fill all require fields in section POS information .
Save that page, leave than go back to that page again to double-check that the data was saved indeed.
If the fields were not saved, then go into your remote server FTP for instance and rename the folder /var/cache into /var/cache_old to refresh all the caches.
4. Error processing your request Wrong Content Type¶
Trace:#0 /home/usr/www/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl/International.php(397): Mage::throwException(‘Wrong Content T...’)#1 /home/usr/www/magento/app/code/community/MDN/PointOfSales/Model/System/Config/ShippingMethods.php(30): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Dhl_International->getAllowedMethods()
You must save your shipping method, error message show us a problem due to the Carrier : Dhl which have a wrong content type?!
Go into : System > Configuration > Sales > Shipping methods, and save the page.
Now you should be able to add / edit any users.
5. Fatal Error getBackend() on non object¶
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getBackend() on a non-object
If this error is displayed on POS screen, it’s probably because pos_shortcut attribute has not been created during the installation.
To solve this issue
Go in Catalog > Manage Attribute > Add new attribute
Attribute code : pos_shortcut
Scope : Store View
Catalog Input Type for Store owner : DropDown
Label : Show shortcut in POS
Save the attribute and refresh your POS page ( Ctrl + R )
6. ERP and POS¶
How to manage warehouse for each POS user¶
If you want to separate a warehouse for a POS user follow this trick :
- Create a website + Store + View for the future POS user / warehouse association
- Create a warehouse in ERP > Stock Management > Warehouses, tick the box “Sales” and “Order_preparation” for Admin and your Website (created at first step)
- Manage the stock for your POS warehouse to add some products inside, you can select many products in Catalog > Grid then select mass action “update attribute” then tick the box “website” to add the pos website.
- Once the website has been set for the products, just create stock movement in ERP through import file or by editing each product erp page (see ERP documentation to know more)
- Create a user in System > Permission > Users, don’t forget to manage the rules/role then fill the POS info to select the correct store view
- Refresh Magento caches and go back to the POS user settings to be sure that information has been saved, if not rename folder /var/cache into /var/cache_old
- Now manage the ERP warehouse rules in : System > Config > ERP > Advanced Stock > Router to associate warehouse. You must select the POS website in the left / top drop down box.
- Logout/login with you POS user then go in POS form to scan or add a product, now the stock will be picked up