The inventory management extension does not change the way magento handles inventory, but here are a few points / thoughts :
- You can still use options available in store > configuration > catalog > inventory, they are all compatible with our extension
- You can not have negative quantities anymore in Magento, as it now contains the quantity sellable, so in the worst case (for products not in stock allowing back orders), the magento quantity will be 0
Inventory management configuration¶
Settings are available in Stores > Configuration > Boostmyshop > Inventory Management
- Barcode attribute : Select here the product attribute that contains the barcode (ean or upc)
- Manufacturer attribute : Select your manufacturer attribute
- Pending orders statuses : Select order statuses that you consider as “opened orders” : opened orders will reserve stock (if available) and update the quantity to ship. If you change those settings, run php bin/magento bms_advancedstock:refresh_quantity_to_ship command line
- Default value for Warning stock level : this is the default value for the warning stock level for product that do not have a custom value.
- Default value for Ideal stock level : this is the default value for the ideal stock level for product that do not have a custom value.
- Weeks for sales history range #X : number of weeks to consider to update the sales history statistics
- Display stocks : If enable, a new tab is displayed in the product view on the front side, with the summary of the stock levels in the warehouses. Note : only warehouses having “Display on front” enabled are visible
- Stock discrepency report : display the report with stock discrepencies.