1. Purchase configuration¶
Configuration are available in menu System > Configuration > purchase
|Purchase Order Carriers||List of carriers that will be usable in a purchase order.Each element must be separated by a comma.|
|Purchase Order Payment methods||Payment methods available in a purchase order.Each method must be separated by a comma|
2. PDF option¶
|PDF Header Text||Text displayed in the header prints PDF.. . It usually contains the address of your company.|
|PDF Footer Text||Text in PDF footers. It usually contains legal information of your company.|
|PDF Comment||This area contains free comments that will be displayed at the bottom of the PDF printing.. . You can put information on the consideration of the order by the supplier, for example.|
The logo used in the one in System -> configuration -> Sales -> identity ->logo of the current store
3. Supply needs¶
|Manufacturer Attribute||Select manufacturer attribute|
4. Notify supplier¶
|Manufacturer Attribute||Identity to use to send the email provider|
|Email Template||Email template used to send the purchase order. You can change this email from the menu system> transactional email.|
|Copy To||Emails sent to suppliers will also be sent to this address|
|Company name||Used in the subject of mail sent (orders XXX)|
5. Purchase order¶
System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase order
|Update the cost of the product from the order information providers||If enabled, when a purchase order is completed, the purchase price with the cost approach is stored in the “cost” of the product data sheet|
|Store product cost||When purchase order is complete, update product cost in product sheet for each product delivered in the purchase order|
|Use product cost||When adding product to a purchase order, automatically fill price from the cost in product sheet. . This option is incompatible with Automatically fill product price from history .|
|Automatically fill product price from history||When adding product to a purchase order, automatically fill product price in the purchase order from the product supplier association, field last product price (supplier currency). . This option is incompatible with ‘Use product Cost’.|
|Cost Repartition Method||Define the way shipping costs are dispatched to calculate landing costs per product. There are 3 options :. . - by product weight. . - by product cost. . - by product count. . These 3 methods will fill the field “last price + cost” present in the field product-supplier association : . . http://documentation.boostmyshop.com/embedded_erp/6_purchase.html#product-supplier-association|
|Product default tax rate||Tax rate to be used by default for the products in an order supplier|
|Default currency||Default currency when creating a purchase order|
|Default tax rate for Shipping||Tax rate to be applied by default to freight a purchase order|
|Defect products warehouse||When you create a delivery from a supplier order, you can define to which repository should store the products. Here you can set the default repository|
|Default warehouse for delivery||If enabled, informs receiving a defective product|
|Enable defect delivery||Yes / no|
|Display order notices||Display warning if PO doesn’t fulfill supplier condition (minimum of order...)|
6. Purchase product¶
System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase product
|Default tax rate for Price||This is the tax used by the price which are available in the purchase product page to calculate the VAT rate from the exclude tax total.|
|Default supply delay||Lead time for products default (can be customized later byproduct).. . This value is used to calculate the control schedules and availability display product.|
|Check product / supplier association when adding product to purchase order||Prevents the addition of a product to a purchase order if it is not associated with the supplier|
7. Purchase product grid¶
|Display product picture||If yes : display product image in the grid|
|Display last buy price||Yes / no|
|Display Weee/Deee||Yes / no. . European ECOTAX. . If enabled, you can enter for each product a purchase order the amount of the eco tax (warning : it is not automatically carried over to the product for sale to customers). . + Display this field in the Purchase order PDF and product grid.|
|Display Discount||Yes / no|
|Display supplier sku||Yes / no|
|Display warning stock level||Yes / no|
|Display Subtotal||Yes / no|
|Display specific delivery date||If checked, adds a column informing the date of delivery from the supplier.|
8. Remaining supply quantities¶
|Late severity low||Enter the number of days for an acceptable delay|
|Late severity medium||Enter the number of days to consider the delay of one command as disturbing|
9. Packaging products¶
System > Configuration > ERP > Purchase > Packaging Products
- If yes, the packaging for the products will being considerate in Purchase orders..
To set up it please go then, for each product, in ERP > Product > Select a product > Packaging.
10. Barcode scanner for deliveries¶
|Scan location||If enabled, when receiving a product, scan location to know its location.|
|Allow barcode assignment||Allow to add a barcode to a product when the barcode is not known. If you scan an unknown barcode, it displays a grid with all product of the PO to allow it to one of the products|
|Scan serial number||Ask to scan a serial number after product barcode scan (you can press enter to skip it)|
|Display quantity buttons||When scanning a delivery, displays -/+ buttons|
11. Manufacturer and supplier synchronization¶
Use this functionality only if you have no suppliers created yet. Using it if you have already suppliers could cause suppliers to duplicate and this way corrupt your products and purchase orders.
When the supplier is also be a manufacturer, ERP synchronize data by creating the relevant supplier.
(example: Sony (supplier) is also a manufacturer).
The chosen attribute must to be global type
To synchronize your suppliers with your manufacturer, you must first create your manufacturers.
Go in ” catalog ” , ” attribute ” , ” manage attribute ” and click on “manufacturer”, then click on the tab ” manage label / options ” and add a manufacturer by clicking on the button ” add option ” like this :
Here 2 manufacturers have been added, ” helios ” and ” Sony ”.
Once established manufacturers go into the details of a product through the menus : ” catalog ” , “manage product” , then fill the fields ” manufacturer ” by selecting the associated manufacturer like this :
Once the manufacturer saved go in ” system ”, ” configuration ”, ” ERP ”, ” purchase ”, section ” supplier / manufactuer syncronization ”, select the manufacturer attribute (most of times “manufacturer”).
Then : Click on “SAVE”.
Then click on the button “Synchronize now ”.
Go back in ” ERP ”, ” purchase”, “supplier”, you will see some new supplier that will match with manufacturer of all concerned product.
|Manufacturer attribute||Enter the attribute corresponding to a manufacturer|
|Synchronize Manufacturers and suppliers||If enabled, when the manufacturer and the supplier are the same, ERP vendors will automatically created based on the list of manufacturers.|
|Enable auto synchronization||If enabled, new products are automatically associated with suppliers (suppliers / manufacturers, whether above).|
12. Currencies in Purchase order¶
Here an example of the logic of currency in a purchase order :
if your store is in USD and your supplier currency is in EUR
When you create a purchase order, the purchase order will be send in EUR to your supplier.
When a purchase order is completed a calculation of the cost is made in USD for each product depending of the change rate defined in the purchase order.
2. Product sheet¶
1. Pending Sales order¶
In this tab are displayed sales order to ship with the current product
2. Purchase Settings¶
This tabs contains all settings for the current product in purchasing processes
|Exclude from supply needs||If ticked, the product will never appear on the supply needs (useful for the article removed from range)|
|Tax rate||It is the default tax rate used when adding the product in a supplier order.. . It is also possible to change the tax rate directly while placing the order..|
|Next date of supply||Displays the next date of supply for this product|
|Average supply estimation||It is the average number of days required to receive the product when product is out of stock. This data will also allow be used for customer’s order delivery dates calculation if an order contains this product and if it is not on stock. Kindly note it will be working days.|
|Refresh supply need||You can refresh supply needs for this product using this button|
3. Manual supply needs¶
Please read “Supply needs” section to get more information about this.
3. Product / Supplier association¶
With ERP, you can associate product and supplier : creating an association, you inform the system that you may purchase that product with that supplier.
ERP supports several association for one product, you can then have several supplier for one single sku with different supplier sku, buying price...
Creating the product / supplier association can help you to :
- Filter supply needs per supplier
- See the different purchasing opportunities and decide to purchase between 2 supplier
- Prevent to add a product in a PO if the product is NOT associated to the supplier
- Search for products based on the supplier name
Manage product / supplier association¶
ERP > Products > select a product > Tab suppliers
You can define here association between products and suppliers : when a supplier is associated to a product, it means that you can purchase this product to this supplier.Associations can be created manually. But when you create a purchase order, if the association doesn’t exist, the system will automatically create it.Linking a product and a supplier will allow to :
- Filter supply needs per supplier
- When you select “Add product” tab in a purchase order, you can also filter list per supplier
- When the system calculate the product status availability, it uses the default supply delay for all suppliers linked to the product
To associate a supplier with a product, select “Suppliers” tab, select the supplier in the drop down menu and click on the “edit” button.If you want to add a list of product in mass to a supplier. Since ERP 2.9.3, go in ERP -> product -> Grid and use the grid’s mass action “Link to a supplier” for that.When a product and a supplier are associated, you can define the following information : (use “edit” link to view/edit ).
|Supplier reference||If the supplier product’s internal or public reference is different from your SKU, you can fill it here. (it is not the EAN which must be filled in the tab barcode of a product). Once it’s done, when you create or print a Purchase Order, this is this reference that is displayed in the column dedicated|
|Price position||Information to define supplier price position for this product (informative value)|
|Last unit price (store currency)||last unit price used in a purchase order for this supplier (at your magento store currency). ex: you shop is in Dollar US and you supplier is in Euro : this price is in Dollar US|
|Last unit price (supplier currency)||last unit price used in a purchase order for this supplier (at the supplier currency). ex: you shop is in Dollar US and you supplier is in Euro : this price is in Euros. This is a value that will be used to pre fill a purchase order if the option “Auto fill prices” is activated|
|Last price + cost||This is the unit price + landing / tax costs from the last purchase order received. When you receive a purchase order delivery AND you have activated the option “Use product cost” the Product Cost in magento (in the attribute cost) will be updated based on this value because this is the REAL cost for the product. The calculation include the landing cost. The landing cost are based on the option System > configuration > ERP > Purchase > Purchase order -> Cost Repartition Method|
|Discount level||Enter a value in percentage (informative value)|
|Stock level||Number of unit present in supplier Stock. This value is used by ERP to determine the shipping delay calculation. This option is useful with the dropshipping module|
|Dropship ?||Yes / no. This option is only useful with the dropshipping module|
|Is favorite supplier||Yes / no. This option is only useful with the dropshipping module|
|Supply delay||Enter a value in day. This value will be used to pre calculate the delivery delay when a product is out of stock. Please look at : http://documentation.boostmyshop.com/embedded_erp/8_sales_order_planning.html#introduction. For supply delay calculation details|
This option is only useful with the dropshipping module
- Supply delay
- Enter a value in day
Technical Note : Theses values are stored in the SQL table purchase_product_supplier
For a mass import please look at http://documentation.boostmyshop.com/embedded_erp/13_miscellaneous.html
3. Remove product supplier association¶
One by one¶
Go to ERP > Product
Pick up a product.
On the ERP view, choose on the left tab “Suppliers”
Here you have a delete button next to the supplier (on the right side of the window).
You just have to click on it.
A- In the ERP > Products grid
It is possible to unlink the product / supplier association of a given supplier on products you want with the drop down ‘Actions’ at the top right corner of the grid and by selecting the mass action ‘Unlink with a supplier’, once this option selected, a second drop down appear at the right in order to choose the supplier on which you need to unlink the association.
B- With a SQL query
To do it in SQL :
- Note the supplierID from the supplier edition url
- To delete all the association of a given supplier
- Please before running this, do a backup of your table
- run : DELETE FROM purchase_product_supplier WHERE pps_supplier_num = [Your ID]
This will delete all association product/supplier for a given supplier.
Reset All product / supplier associations¶
If you wish to reset ALL product / supplier association, you can run that query on the database :
DELETE FROM purchase_product_supplier
4 Import product - supplier association¶
Feature available in System > Import/Export > Advanced Profile > Import Product suppliers association
This section describes how to import product supplier association from a csv file.
Step #1 : build the csv file¶
Source file is a csv file using “ ; ” separator
- File must be titled “product_supplier.csv”
- File must contain 2 mandatory columns :
- Column “sku” contains your product’s sku
- Column “supplier_code” contains the supplier code
NOTE : the supplier code is the field in ERP > Purchase > Suppliers > Select a supplier > Edit > First tab > Field supplier code > Save
In addition, it can contains these additional columns :
- pps_comment : simple comments > Value expected : free text (Informative - not useful for import)
- pps_reference : supplier’s sku > Value expected : free text (Useful : will be use in Purchase order)
- pps_last_unit_price : unit price > Value expected : a price with . for decimal (with your store currency) (Informative - not useful for import)
- pps_last_unit_price_supplier_currency : last unit price used with supplier currency (this one will be use in purchase order to pre fill the prices ) > Value expected : a price with . for decimal
- pps_last_price : price plus landing costs > Value expected : a price with . for decimal (Informative - not useful for import)
- pps_quantity_product : supplier stock level > Value expected : 0 to x (Useful for Dropshipping extension only)
- pps_can_dropship : enable drop ship : useful for DropShiping module. Value expected : 0 or 1 (Useful for Dropshipping extension only)
- pps_supply_delay : average supply delay > Value expected : 0 to 365 (Useful : will be use in to calculate product Availability status)
A minimum example could be :
"sku";"supplier_code";"pps_reference" "nokia3210";"nk";"nk-3210" "nokia3220";"nk";"nk-3220"
File sample (more field can be added) :
About “pps_is_default_supplier” values : fill 0 to set “is favorite supplier?” to NO and 1 to set “is favorite supplier ?” to YES.
If you use the DropShipping Extension,the important fields are :
- pps_quantity_product : supplier stock level
- pps_can_dropship : enable drop ship
Step #2 : upload the file on ftp¶
Once the csv file is built, you must upload with FTP on your magento server, in directory
Step #3 : run the profile¶
Once file is uploaded, go in the profile, log in on your admin panel, and select menu system > import / export > dataflow advanced profiles.
Then in the list, click on the row “Import product / supplier associations”
Then, select the “run profile” tab and click “Run profile in Popup”, a popup opens : then wait until the process is finished.
4. Supply needs¶
1. Supply needs list¶
ERP > Purchasing > Supply needs
This list contains products which need to be purchased for multiple reasons :
- The “Available Stock level” is below “Warning stock level”
- Stock level is not sufficient to ship sales orders
- Have a manual supply need (can be set from ERP > Products > [select product] > Purchase settings)
A best practice is to let default warning stock level to 1.
When an available quantity (Qty in stock - Qty reserved) reach 0, it trigger a supply need : you need to buy products.
Default Warning Stock level can be set in System > Configuration > Inventory
Example of back order¶
1 Sales order (valid) 10000001 : 15 products A are ordered
- Quantity in Stock : 10
- Reserved Quantity : 10
- Available Quantity : 0
- Warning Stock level : 1
- Ideal Stock Level : 20
- Min : 5
- Max : 25
Product A is in supply needs list, why ?
Available Qty : 0 < Warning Stock level : 1
Min = 5, because, 5 products A need to be buy to ship order #10000001
Max = 25, because, 5 products A need to be buy to ship order #10000001 + 20 products A need to be buy to reach Ideal Stock Level : 20
- Manufacturer : magento’s attribute manufacturer (to set in System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Supply Needs -> Manufacturer Attribute)
- Sku : You internal Sku of the product (sku attribute)
- Description : Product description (name attribute)
- Status : this is WHY this product is listed here. There are 5 possibles values :
- -> Valid order : ** the supply need is triggered because there is valid order with missing stock to fulfill it. To Fill it, Use the **MIN tips.
- -> All Orders : you need to purchase this product to complete any not complete/cancelled sales orders.
- -> Preferred Stock level : stock level is below the preferred stock level (ideal stock level). To Fill it, Use the MAX tips.
- -> Pending delivery : you are waiting for a purchase order delivery that fulfill supply needs. Once the delivery is created, the supply need will be automatically deleted. This match with the sum of the quantity of the “waiting for delivery” Purchase Orders.
- -> Manual Supply need : If the supply need is triggered by a “manual supply need” filled in product setting (tab Purchase setting).
- Details : To get more information about the supply need, click on the “Light” picture to open a popup window that summarizes product information. To get more information about this windows, please read “Stock status popup” below.
- Needed Qty : Quantity to purchase to complete supply need. Notice that 2 values are displayed : “Min , Max”.
- -> Min : is the MINIMUM qty to purchase : it is the qty needed to ship VALID out of stock sales orders.** **
- -> Max : is the qty to purchase to complete all product needs (all out of stock order + to reach preferred stock level + manual supply need).
- (x) is the sum of ideal stock level for all stocks of this product
- Suppliers : Suppliers associated to the product. You can filter this column to know what are all products you have to purchase for one supplier.
- Supplier : indicates the name of the supplier with the amount of order
- Waiting for delivery : indicates number of products waiting for delivery ( this value is deducted from min and max, and his the sum of the quantity of the ‘waiting for delivery” purchase order (only this status)
Relation with Purchase orders¶
When a purchase order is created the supply need remains.
You have to reach the purchase order’s status “Waiting for delivery” and wait the cron to pass to have supply need updated. Values ordered from a purchase order in “Waiting for delivery” will be deducted to the Min/max calculation to avoid you to purchase the same product twice
When a purchase order is delivered and if stock level becomes sufficient after that, supply need is automatically removed.
MIN = SUM(qty_needed_for_valid_orders) - waiting_for_delivery_qty
It means that the Min quantity will reflect the sum of product needed to fulfill valid order, but deducted from the quantities of not yet delivered purchase order that and in the state “waiting for delivery”
MAX = SUM(qty_needed_for_orders + qty_needed_for_ideal_stock + qty_needed_for_manual_supply_needs) - waiting_for_delivery_qty
It means that the Max quantity will reflect the sum of product needed to fulfill ideal stock levels + product needed to fulfill all order , but deducted from the quantities of not yet delivered purchase order that and in the state “waiting for delivery”
Supply needs are empty ?¶
A magento option provide a RSS feed in order to notify you when products have a low quantity, it is based on :
System -> configuration -> CATALOG -> Inventory -> Product Stock Options -> Notify for Quantity Below
To get the RSS feed you have to go in the Catalog > Manage products > on the top of the grid you should see a link to subscribe to the RSS feed.
Note that ERP use this magento option ‘Notify for Quantity Below’ as the default warning stock level so be careful with the value (which create the supply needs)
2. Manual supply needs¶
ERP > product > [Select a product] > tab Purchase
If you wish to manually raise a supply need, because you need to purchase a product for other reasons, you can create a manual supply need from menu ERP > Products > [select product] > Purchase settings.
It have to be understood as a max qty to reach regarding the current stock and the current orders
You can fill in quantity, expected date (used to define dead line in supply needs) and a free comment.
Once information is saved, this brand new supply need will be display in supply need screen in the max field (after a calculation).
Please note that the manually supply need qty must be > than current stock quantity to appear in Supply need screen
you have 5 item in stock
if you set a manual supply to 4, you will have nothing on supply need screen.
If you set 9, you will have 4 in max qty to purchase
you have 5 item in stock and 3 order for a available qty of 2
If you set 9, you will have 7 in max qty to purchase
3. Stock status popup¶
This popup window is available clicking on the “light” button from a purchase order or supply needs grid
It is designed to summarize stock / purchasing information for product.
This tab displays product’s stocks summary for each warehouse. It is important to understand that supply needs status depends of the different stocks statuses. For each warehouse, the table displays :
- Quantity : This is the stock level
- Available qty : quantity available for sales.
- Preferred stock level : when the available quantity goes below this limit, a supply need is created
- Ordered quantity : product quantity to ship to customers
- Needed qty : quantity to purchase
- Status : stock status
Information under the table summarizes information used to calculate supply need :
- Needed Qty (all) : quantity to purchase to fulfill all conditions :
- Valid sales order
- Not valid sales orders
- Preferred stock levels
- Manual supply needs
- Needed qty (valid orders) : this is the minimum quantity you have to purchase to ship valid orders
- Manual supply need : quantity filled for the manual supply need
- Waiting for delivery : expected inbound from purchase order having status set to “Waiting for delivery”
- Status : Supply need status
Contains all sales order to ship that contain this product.
Contains all purchase orders
Click on this tab to go to the ERP product sheet.
4. Create purchase order from supply needs¶
Apply a filter by warehouse and select the “Create a purchase order for supplier” to choose supplier you want in the drop down list, then click on min or max button for product you want automatically added in the purchase order when you will click on “Create”, if you do not choose any products it will created a purchase order without products.
5. Exclude from supply need¶
To exclude a product from supply need :
ERP > Products > Select a product > Tab Purchase : Check “exclude from supply need.”
To exclude a warehouse from supply need in
ERP > Stock management > Warehouse > Select a warehouse > tab Information > Check “exclude from supply need.”
To known if an order is excluded or not from supply need you need to understand teh concept of Valid Order is ERP :
it will result that the status of the supply need will change : please look at the status calculation on :
Disable supply needs for inactive products in ERP > Stock Management > Mass Stock Editor > filter by Status, and set Warning stock level to 0.
6. Supply needs status¶
The goal of these statuses is to enable you to apply filter on supply needs screen.
SUM(qty_needed_for_valid_orders) > 0 and (SUM(qty_needed_for_valid_orders) > waiting_for_delivery_qty )
–> Explanation: you need to buy this product to be able to ship your valid orders
SUM(qty_needed_for_orders) > 0 and (SUM(qty_needed_for_orders) - SUM(qty_needed_for_valid_orders) > (waiting_for_delivery_qty - SUM(qty_needed_for_valid_orders)))
–> Explanation: you need to buy this product to be able to ship your orders ( valid or not )
SUM(qty_needed_for_ideal_stock) > 0 and (SUM(qty_needed_for_orders) + SUM(qty_needed_for_ideal_stock) > waiting_for_delivery_qty)
–> Explanation: You need to buy this product to fill your IDEAL STOCK LEVEL setting
SUM(qty_needed_for_manual_supply_needs) > 0
–> Explanation: You have set a manual supply need in the tab “Purchase” from the ERP product view
7. How to clear supply needs¶
The supply needs screen can’t be cleared with one button !
ERP does lots of calculation to display it, there is no stored data, the calculation is real time.
There are many reasons to have a supply need.
- Go to ERP > Purchase > Supply Needs and take a look at the “Status” column. You will have one reason.
For each “reason”, there is a way to hide the supply needs.
Go to ERP > Product and pick up a product.
If the available quantity is strictly lower than the warning stock level, this product will be present in the supply needs.
The solution : Put at 0 the warning stock level.
You understand that if you have a negative stock, supply need will remain so :
You have to clean up all negative stock level ! (it is a non sense in ERP)
To help you, you can go to (ERP > Tools > Stock error refresh the cache and mass fix error)
You can also exclude warehouse and or product from the supply needs.
If you have done manual supply needs, you have to cancel it.
8. Supply Need Stats¶
To display supply needs Stats, use ERP > Purchasing > Supply needs > Stats Button
the idea of this screen is to provide a fast way to create purchase order for a given supplier, based on the sum Min and Max suggestions adn to directly create a purchase order with the list of products.If check also by supplier if the amount selected check the “free carriage” criteria and the “Min amount of order” criteria. MinAmount is configurable at supplier level in settings :
ERP -> Purchase -> Supplier -> Edit a supplier -> Miscellaneous -> Purchase information -> order Mini
Go in supply need screen¶
Select Min or Max for a given supplier, and create your purchase order¶
5. Purchase order¶
1. Order creation¶
You can create an order with 2 methods:
First, by clicking on the button ” New ” from order list. You will have to select the supplier and confirm to create a new empty order form.
Second, by going on the supply need list in
ERP > Purchasing > Supply Needsand then :
-By using the field in column “qty for PO” and enter the amount needed (you can click on the “min” and “max” buttons ).
-By using the “mass action” drop down at the top of the list, select the supplier from the “Create a purchase order for supplier” drop down and click on the ‘create’ button : a new order will be created and selected products will be added automatically.
2. Order Information¶
This information is available under the “Summary” tab
|id||Order reference generated automatically. However, you can edit it|
|Delivery date||This is the estimated delivery date for products. This date is very important because the system uses it to display product availability statuses and calculate sales order planning. It is important to keep this date up to date if you know it has changed. In the ERP product sheet (ERP > products > [Select product] > Purchase settings), this date is displayed if the product belongs to the purchase order.|
|Supplier||Supplier to which you place order|
|Currency||Currency to use for this order. The default currency can be set in System > Configuration > Purchase module > Purchase order. If you select a different currency of you website base currency, the ERP will store products prices, shipping costs etc... using both currencies. You can set the currency change rate below.|
|Tax rate||Tax rate to use for shipping costs. You can also set a default value for futures purchase orders in System > Configuration > Purchase module > Purchase order|
|Shipping costs||Shipping costs (excluding taxes)|
|Taxes and Duties||Additional costs|
|Status||Please read “Status” section below”|
|Delivery progress||Percentage of delivered products|
|Total||Purchase order total (excluding taxes)|
|Total (incl tax)||Purchase order total (including taxes)|
5. Order statuses¶
Supplier order status is important because it defines how the order will be processed in the system:
- New : It is the basic supplier order status. Order is not yet placed in the system for supply needs calculations
- Inquiry : Similar as new status. The only difference concerns the order printing : in this case, pricing are not displayed on the PDF form.
- Waiting for payment : select this status to indicate that the order has not been paid, in this case it is not taken into account by the system to calculate supply needs.
- Waiting for supplier : informs you of the status of the order followed in this case it is not taken into account by the system to calculate supply needs.
- Waiting for delivery : with this status, the order is processed in the supply needs. Products where ordered quantity is missing will appear in the supply needs.
- Terminated : Order is executed and finished. When the order has this status, several operations are done:
- Product and supplier are automatically associated. This means for example that if you create a filter with this supplier in the supply needs list, this product will be displayed.
- Product costs appear automatically in the product sheet (with absorption costs).
- Last product buying price with this supplier goes in the records. in Product > tab Supplier -> in the association product-supplier
- Product quantities not delivered will not appear in the supply needs list.
6. Product addition¶
Adding “Manually” a product¶
Click on the button ” Add Product ”, a new capture section will appear insert the required quantity, capture all date and click on “save”:
Notice : when you add products to a purchase order, depending of parameters set in System > Configuration Purchase Module, unit buy price can be filled automatically.
click on the button ” Import from Supply Needs ” on the top of the order: at this moment, then insert the quantity with the supply needs list. Select the required products in this new window and click on ” Import ”. Window will close; products will be added to your order.
Notice : when you add products to a purchase order, depending of parameters set in System > Configuration Purchase Module, unit buy price can be filled automatically.
Add products via CSV import¶
If you wish to import a list of products in a purchase order from a csv file, follow those steps :
- Go in the purchase order
- Select the “Import products” tab
- Select the file you wish to import, the field separator and click on the import button
CSV file must follow those requirements :
- Header row must contain column names : sku;price;qty
- Each following row must contain product information
FIle sample :
SKU;QTY;PRICE A1;2;12.20 A2;3;22
7. Product information¶
Purchase order’s products are in the “Products” Tab :
|Details||To get more information about the product stock status, sales order and purchase orders, click on the “Light” button. To get more information about this popup, please read “Product stock popup” in “Supply needs” help.|
|Description||Product name; you can customize this (for example if you need to translate it)|
|Supplier reference||If the supplier reference is different from your sku, you can fill here the supplier reference. THis Once purchase order status is set to “Complete”, supplier reference is automatically saved in product/supplier association (visible in ERP product sheet). The next time you’ll place a purchase order for this product/supplier, this information will be automatically filled|
|Qty||Product’s qty to purchase|
|Delivered qty||Qty already received|
|Buy price||Unit buy price. Under this field, the “real” buy price is displayed including landing costs.|
|Sale price||Product sale price (excluding taxes). Under this value is displayed the margin.. . Notice : you can directly edit product price using the pencil button.|
|Product tax rate||This value is automatically filled using parameter System > Configuration > Purchase module > Purchase order > Product default tax rate|
|Total (excl tax)||Row total|
|Delete||To remove a product, check this checkbox and click on save button|
Automatic Fill Price Workflow
the workflow is
- a associate a product with 1 or more supplier
- i create a purchase order, i set a cost inside
- I deliver completely the purchase order
- product cost is updated (if the option is activated)
- product-supplier association values are updated too
- on next purchase order Last unit price (supplier currency) from product-supplier association will be used
it is logic because
- the current cost of the product is the last cost used by the last PO completed
- the next time you create a PO for a supplier, it will re use the last oen used for this supplier
8. Products arrival - Purchase order delivery¶
When products are received, you have to declare the delivery in the purchase order sheet. It will allow:
- Stock update ( of received goods) and create stock movement
- Update supply needs( or delete supply needs)
- Reserve products for customers pending orders (pending orders could be dispatched if total required items arrived on stock)
- Update arrival order percentage (available in the supplier orders list)
To create a new delivery, select “Receptions” tab and follow these steps :
- For each product, fill in the product qty. If you know that all products are delivered, click on “All products delivered” button
- Fill in reception date (if different from today)
- Select the target warehouse : this setting is very important as it will increase product stock level in this warehouse. Note that you can set the default warehouse from System > Configuration > Purchase module > Purchase order
- If you wish, you can also fill in products barcode. If product barcode already exists, it is displayed above
Once a delivery is done, it will be recorded in the ‘Receptions’ section :
Here the descriptions of information in this section :
|Date||The date of the delivery|
|User||User who has created the delivery|
|Products count||Quantity of product(s) delivered|
|Details||How many quantity of the product(s) has been delivered on the targeted warehouse|
|Print the delivery|
|Attachment||Possibility to upload file (useful to save the carrier delivery document)|
If you receive some products you can’t sell, it is recommended to activate the “defect delivery” in
System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase order -> Enable defective delivery
And to configure
System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase order -> Defective products warehouse
When you receive a purchase order, you will have the option so set qty into the normal Qty delivered field AND in the defect delivery field.
When you commit the delivery, the defect delivery qty will generate some stock movement to the chosen warehouse.
It is a good practice to set that to a dedicated warehouse which is not allowed for sales.
Once all information is filled in, click on the save button.
If all products are delivered, the system will automatically set order status to “Complete” you can click on the button “all product delivered”.
When you create a new delivery, the system creates stock movement (visible for each product in ERP product sheet, tab “Stock movement”. To avoid interface overload, stock are updated using background task. It means that stock level, product reservation may need a few minutes to be updated. You can track background task execution using menu ERP > Tools > Background task.
Delivery with barcode scanner¶
Using button “Scanner Delivery” from a PO, you can :
- Scan barcode for each product your receive
- Scan serials and location too.
- Or, if the barcode does not match with your database, add product one by one using button + or - for each product. (please activate the option “System -> configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Barcode Scanner for deliveries -> Display quantity buttons” for that)
9. Tracking number¶
This page gives you access to products whose serial number has been informed.
Available information is the product number, name and serial number.
10. Supplier order forwarding¶
In order to forward the supplier order, you have 2 options: You can first print the corresponding PDF form and send it by your own ways, or you can use the dispatch form sheet by selecting the concerning tab in the t supplier order sheet.
Kindly note that it is not possible to send a supplier order by email if its status is “terminated”.
To forward by email your order, capture your message and click on button ” send ”.
To configure email dispatch, refer to this document configuration section.
You can also change the status when sending email provider by selecting the new status below the text box. Three status:
- unchanged (keeps the same status)
- waiting for supplier : (does not change supply needs)
- waiting for delivery : (taking into account the needs of supply)
Find your notes in this tab of tasks between users.
To add a note, click the “show / hide”, then fill in the fields:
- author : yourself
- target : the recipient
- Caption : subject of the message
- description : content of the message
- notification date : creation date
- dead line : life time of the message
- priority : priority level
- complete : tick the box if complete
You can also find answers and exchange of the current task in the summary. (under the addition of new task).
12. PDF printing¶
You can print Purchase Order PDF using “Print” button.
Note that you can customize:
1 - Header and Footer
in System > Configuration > Purchase > PDF Options tab
2 - Warehouse address
in ERP > Stock Management > Warehouse > [ Select a warehouse ] > Address
Also, on the Deliveries tab, once you have created a new delivery, using the “Print Location” button, you can print the product location list.
This document is the list of products relative to the current Purchase Order with the SKU and the physical location reference of each product in the warehouse.
Supplier order closure is made by changing its status into ” Complete” and by clicking on ” save ”. It will
- Exclude non received quantities from ” pending products ”.
- Record associations between supplier and product. It will allow on the first hand to display the product supply needs when you make filter per supplier, and on the other and to see pricing per supplier in the product sheet ( Gross price with absorption costs).
- Distribute the absorption costs per product and stock the ” costs ”.
Note regarding product buying price: It is worked out from product unit price, absorption costs distribution (transport charges, customs duties). Absorption costs distribution can be made with quantity or as per product value pro rata. To define the rule to be used, go in system > configuration and select tab “purchase”.
Then it is possible to see the margins for an order by going into the customer order sheet. Please pay attention, if the buying price of a product is not known while placing order, it will not be possible to know the margin even if its costs is worked out after.
14. Packaging for Purchase Order¶
With this feature, you can purchase products to supplier using packaging :
for example, if you sell some wine bottle, your supplier may require you to buy carton bottles (6 units)
This feature is disabled by default : to enable it, go to ``System > Configuration > Purchase > Product packaging`` and enable it.
It is important to understand that the packaging feature is “just” a way to place purchase order, anyway, ERP will consider the unit quantity
You can create packaging from the ERP product sheet (menu ERP > Product) using “Packaging tab”.
For each packaging, you can set :
- Name : packaging name
- Qty : how many units contains packaging
- Default for sale : If checked, this packaging is used to convert purchase unit in sales unit
- Default for purchase : If checked, this packaging is used by default for purchase order.
It’s very recommended to name the packaging with the Quantity like “Box of 6”, because only this field is displayed on the purchase order. To create a new packaging, fill fields in the last row and click on “Save” button.
If you get this error :
An error occurred : SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘exclude_from_supply_needs’ in ‘field list’
You must refresh the index Magento via the menu System> Index Management, select all, then click “Reindex data”. To Delete a packaging, tick “Delete” checkbox and click on “Save” button.
Import product packaging¶
How to build the csv file ?
We will use the same example as before with a box of 6 wine bottles.
"sku";"qty";"name";"mode" "bordeaux-wine-bottle";"6";"Box of 6 bottles";"p"
SKU represents your product sku, Qty is the quantity of this product included in the package, Name is the name of your package, Mode always use “p” for this value.
Once your file is complete, save it as “product_packaging.csv” and place it in your magento var/import directory.
Go in System - Import/Export - Advanced Profiles - import product packaging
Then go in tab “Run Profile”, and click on “Run profile in popup“
How to use packaging in Purchase Order¶
Enabling packaging feature, a new column is displayed in the PO products list :
With the drop down menu, you can select packaging to use in this purchase order for this product. I you don’t want to use a packaging, select “none” option.If a packaging is selected, the quantity field contains the number of packaging to purchase : to know the total number of unit that you purchase, you need to multiply it with the packaging unit count. Hopefully, ERP displays the final number of units under the drop down menu.
Enabling the packaging feature doesn’t change the supply needs list. However, if you import supply needs in a PO or if you create a PO from supply needs, the system will automatically convert the number unit into packaging count : for example, if supply need quantity is 4, the system will add 1 carton (6 units) in your purchase order.
16. Save and Lock¶
Since ERP 2.9.3.x, you can lock a purchase order
There is a new button “Save And Lock” in the Purchase order edition screen
When a purchase order is locked, only you or an administrator will be able to modify the purchase order, at least if you have the Magento Permission “Can edit locked PO”
1) Email notification template is in :
- app locale en_US template email Purchase PurchaseOrder NotifySupplier.html
- Purchase order PDF (structure) modifications require to modify code in :
- app code community MDN Purchase Model Pdf Order.php
6. Suppliers management¶
You can display suppliers list using menu ERP > Purchasing > Suppliers
To edit a supplier, click on the record.To create a new supplier, use the “New” button in the upper right corner.
Supplier information is available in 6 tabs
|Summary||Summarizes supplier information such as its name, address... Address is printed in thePurchase Order PDF. Email address is used when you notify supplier from the Purchase Order screen|
|Miscellaneous||Supply delay is used to calculate product availability status. For more information, please read “Product availability status” chapter|
|Product||Lists the products the supplier. This association is purely informative and not subject to further treatment|
|Orders||List every purchase order for this supplier|
|Contacts||Contains supplier’s contacts|
|Organizer||Displays a list of current tasks and exchanges of notes|
2. Summary tab¶
This section explains the different fields available in the Summary tab in the supplier view
|Currency||Default currency applied to purchase orders created for this supplier|
|Locale||. Default language to use to translate the purchase order PDF. . . Note : if the locale selected i NOT supported by ERP, english is used instead.|
|Address fields||Displayed on the purchase order PDF|
|Email address used to notify the supplier for a PO (using the supplier notification tab in the purchase order view)|
3. Misc tab¶
This section explains the different fields available in the misc tab in the supplier view
|Account information||Fill here your credentials to log into the supplier website.. . Note : this does NOT provide any way for the supplier to login on YOUR website, this is not supported by erp.|
|After sale information||Fill here information related to the supplier after sale service|
|Minimum of order||If you fill a value here, you will have a warning message in the purchase order if the PO total doesn’t reach the minimum of order|
|Carriage free order amount / weight||If you fill a value here, you will have a warning message in the purchase order if the PO total / weight doesn’t reach the value|
|Supply delay||Default supply delay for the supplier. This value is used to calculate an average supply delay for the product, if no value is set at the product level|
|Shipping delay||Not used.|
|Permanence discount level||Default discount level to apply to purchase order item (can be overridden in a purchase order)|
To understand in detail global delay calc
4. Contacts management¶
You can manage supplier’s contacts withing Embedded ERP.To list, add or edit contacts, select menu ERP > Purchasing > Supplier > [Select supplier] > Contacts tabYou can list all contacts from ERP > Purchasing > Contacts
5. Suppliers Import¶
System > Import/Export > Advanced Profile > Import suppliers
With this profile, you can import suppliers
- Source file is a csv file using ”;” separator
- File must be titled “suppliers.csv” and upload in magento var/import directory
- Please note that “sup_name” and “sup_code” are mandatory
- The file must be in ANSI or UFT-8 (not UFT-16)
File can contain these columns :
- Column “sup_name” : Supplier name (MANDATORY FIELD FOR IMPORT)
- Column “sup_code” : supplier code (used for other profiles) (MANDATORY FIELD FOR IMPORT)
- Column “sup_address1” : Address 1
- Column “sup_address2” : Address 2
- Column “sup_zipcode” : zip code
- Column “sup_country” : must be the two letter of the country
- Column “sup_city” : city
- Column “sup_tel” : phone
- Column “sup_fax” : fax
- Column “sup_contact” : main contact name
- Column “sup_mail” : email (used to notify customer for purchase order
- Column “sup_website” : supplier website url
- Column “sup_account_login” : your login on supplier website
- Column “sup_account_password” : your password on supplier website
- Column “sup_supply_delay” : default supply delay
- Column “sup_comments” : comments
- Column “sup_locale” : supplier language (5 letters : ex : en_GB, please check 3.1 Locales)
- Minimum Price for an order : sup_order_mini
- Währung (currency) : sup_currency (please check 3.2 Currency code)
- Tax rate : sup_tax_rate
- Carriag free order amount : sup_free_carriage_amount
- Carriage free order weight : sup_free_carriage_weight
- Lieferzeit (delivery time) ; sup_supply_delay
- Permanent discount level : sup_discount_level
- Payment delay : sup_payment_delay
Once file is uploaded, go in the profile, select “run profile tab” and click on “run in popup button”
File sample :
"sup_code";"sup_name";"sup_contact" "ms";"microsoft";"Bill Gates" "apple";"Appel Inc.";"Steve Jobs"
3.3 Country Code¶
AF - Afghanistan
AL - Albania
DZ - Algeria
AS - American Samoa
AD - Andorra
AO - Angola
AI - Anguilla
AQ - Antarctica
AG - Antigua and Barbuda
AR - Argentina
AM - Armenia
AW - Aruba
AU - Australia
AT - Austria
AZ - Azerbaijan
BS - Bahamas
BH - Bahrain
BD - Bangladesh
BB - Barbados
BY - Belarus
BE - Belgium
BZ - Belize
BJ - Benin
BM - Bermuda
BT - Bhutan
BO - Bolivia
BA - Bosnia and Herzegovina
BW - Botswana
BV - Bouvet Island
BR - Brazil
IO - British Indian Ocean Territory
VG - British Virgin Islands
BN - Brunei
BG - Bulgaria
BF - Burkina Faso
BI - Burundi
KH - Cambodia
CM - Cameroon
CA - Canada
CV - Cape Verde
KY - Cayman Islands
CF - Central African Republic
TD - Chad
CL - Chile
CN - China
CX - Christmas Island
CC - Cocos [Keeling] Islands
CO - Colombia
KM - Comoros
CG - Congo - Brazzaville
CD - Congo - Kinshasa
CK - Cook Islands
CR - Costa Rica
HR - Croatia
CU - Cuba
CY - Cyprus
CZ - Czech Republic
CI - Côte d’Ivoire
DK - Denmark
DJ - Djibouti
DM - Dominica
DO - Dominican Republic
EC - Ecuador
EG - Egypt
SV - El Salvador
GQ - Equatorial Guinea
ER - Eritrea
EE - Estonia
ET - Ethiopia
FK - Falkland Islands
FO - Faroe Islands
FJ - Fiji
FI - Finland
FR - France
GF - French Guiana
PF - French Polynesia
TF - French Southern Territories
GA - Gabon
GM - Gambia
GE - Georgia
DE - Germany
GH - Ghana
GI - Gibraltar
GR - Greece
GL - Greenland
GD - Grenada
GP - Guadeloupe
GU - Guam
GT - Guatemala
GG - Guernsey
GN - Guinea
GW - Guinea-Bissau
GY - Guyana
HT - Haiti
HM - Heard Island and McDonald Islands
HN - Honduras
HK - Hong Kong SAR China
HU - Hungary
IS - Iceland
IN - India
ID - Indonesia
IR - Iran
IQ - Iraq
IE - Ireland
IM - Isle of Man
IL - Israel
IT - Italy
JM - Jamaica
JP - Japan
JE - Jersey
JO - Jordan
KZ - Kazakhstan
KE - Kenya
KI - Kiribati
KW - Kuwait
KG - Kyrgyzstan
LA - Laos
LV - Latvia
LB - Lebanon
LS - Lesotho
LR - Liberia
LY - Libya
LI - Liechtenstein
LT - Lithuania
LU - Luxembourg
MO - Macau SAR China
MK - Macedonia
MG - Madagascar
MW - Malawi
MY - Malaysia
MV - Maldives
ML - Mali
MT - Malta
MH - Marshall Islands
MQ - Martinique
MR - Mauritania
MU - Mauritius
YT - Mayotte
MX - Mexico
FM - Micronesia
MD - Moldova
MC - Monaco
MN - Mongolia
ME - Montenegro
MS - Montserrat
MA - Morocco
MZ - Mozambique
MM - Myanmar [Burma]
NA - Namibia
NR - Nauru
NP - Nepal
NL - Netherlands
AN - Netherlands Antilles
NC - New Caledonia
NZ - New Zealand
NI - Nicaragua
NE - Niger
NG - Nigeria
NU - Niue
NF - Norfolk Island
KP - North Korea
MP - Northern Mariana Islands
NO - Norway
OM - Oman
PK - Pakistan
PW - Palau
PS - Palestinian Territories
PA - Panama
PG - Papua New Guinea
PY - Paraguay
PE - Peru
PH - Philippines
PN - Pitcairn Islands
PL - Poland
PT - Portugal
PR - Puerto Rico
QA - Qatar
RO - Romania
RU - Russia
RW - Rwanda
RE - Réunion
BL - Saint Barthélemy
SH - Saint Helena
KN - Saint Kitts and Nevis
LC - Saint Lucia
MF - Saint Martin
PM - Saint Pierre and Miquelon
VC - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
WS - Samoa
SM - San Marino
SA - Saudi Arabia
SN - Senegal
RS - Serbia
SC - Seychelles
SL - Sierra Leone
SG - Singapore
SK - Slovakia
SI - Slovenia
SB - Solomon Islands
SO - Somalia
ZA - South Africa
GS - South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
KR - South Korea
ES - Spain
LK - Sri Lanka
SD - Sudan
SR - Suriname
SJ - Svalbard and Jan Mayen
SZ - Swaziland
SE - Sweden
CH - Switzerland
SY - Syria
ST - São Tomé and Príncipe
TW - Taiwan
TJ - Tajikistan
TZ - Tanzania
TH - Thailand
TL - Timor-Leste
TG - Togo
TK - Tokelau
TO - Tonga
TT - Trinidad and Tobago
TN - Tunisia
TR - Turkey
TM - Turkmenistan
TC - Turks and Caicos Islands
TV - Tuvalu
UM - U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
VI - U.S. Virgin Islands
UG - Uganda
UA - Ukraine
AE - United Arab Emirates
GB - United Kingdom
US - United States
UY - Uruguay
UZ - Uzbekistan
VU - Vanuatu
VA - Vatican City
VE - Venezuela
VN - Vietnam
WF - Wallis and Futuna
EH - Western Sahara
YE - Yemen
ZM - Zambia
ZW - Zimbabwe
AX - Åland Islands
af_ZA Afrikaans (South Africa)
sq_AL Albanian (Albania)
ar_DZ Arabic (Algeria)
ar_EG Arabic (Egypt)
ar_KW Arabic (Kuwait)
ar_MA Arabic (Morocco)
ar_SA Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
az_AZ Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan)
be_BY Belarusian (Belarus)
bn_BD Bengali (Bangladesh)
bs_BA Bosnian (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
bg_BG Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
ca_ES Catalan (Spain)
zh_CN Chinese (China)
zh_HK Chinese (Hong Kong SAR China)
zh_TW Chinese (Taiwan)
hr_HR Croatian (Croatia)
cs_CZ Czech (Czech Republic)
da_DK Danish (Denmark)
nl_NL Dutch (Netherlands)
en_AU English (Australia)
en_CA English (Canada)
en_IE English (Ireland)
en_NZ English (New Zealand)
en_GB” selected=” English (United Kingdom)
en_US English (United States)
et_EE Estonian (Estonia)
fil_PH Filipino (Philippines)
fi_FI Finnish (Finland)
fr_CA French (Canada)
fr_FR French (France)
gl_ES Galician (Spain)
ka_GE Georgian (Georgia)
de_AT German (Austria)
de_DE German (Germany)
de_CH German (Switzerland)
el_GR Greek (Greece)
gu_IN Gujarati (India)
he_IL Hebrew (Israel)
hi_IN Hindi (India)
hu_HU Hungarian (Hungary)
is_IS Icelandic (Iceland)
id_ID Indonesian (Indonesia)
it_IT Italian (Italy)
it_CH Italian (Switzerland)
ja_JP Japanese (Japan)
km_KH Khmer (Cambodia)
ko_KR Korean (South Korea)
lo_LA Lao (Laos)
lv_LV Latvian (Latvia)
lt_LT Lithuanian (Lithuania)
mk_MK Macedonian (Macedonia)
ms_MY Malay (Malaysia)
mn_MN Mongolian (Mongolia)
nb_NO Norwegian Bokmål (Norway)
nn_NO Norwegian Nynorsk (Norway)
fa_IR Persian (Iran)
pl_PL Polish (Poland)
pt_BR Portuguese (Brazil)
pt_PT Portuguese (Portugal)
ro_RO Romanian (Romania)
ru_RU Russian (Russia)
sr_RS Serbian (Serbia)
sk_SK Slovak (Slovakia)
sl_SI Slovenian (Slovenia)
es_AR Spanish (Argentina)
es_CL Spanish (Chile)
es_CO Spanish (Colombia)
es_CR Spanish (Costa Rica)
es_MX Spanish (Mexico)
es_PA Spanish (Panama)
es_PE Spanish (Peru)
es_ES Spanish (Spain)
es_VE Spanish (Venezuela)
sw_KE Swahili (Kenya)
sv_SE Swedish (Sweden)
th_TH Thai (Thailand)
tr_TR Turkish (Turkey)
uk_UA Ukrainian (Ukraine)
vi_VN Vietnamese (Vietnam)
cy_GB Welsh (United Kingdom)
6. Suppliers liabilities¶
This section shows all purchase orders with accounting information :
- The purchase order number
- The Order Date
- Estimated time of arrival
- The supplier
- warehouse where products are in stock
- The status of the purchase order
- Amount of the purchase order : sum of the buying price
- Delivery % : percentage of the delivery, if you have a total of six products and you received two, purchase order will be to 50%.
- Buying Price
- Missing Prices : if the Buying price is missing or not
- Data verified : if you have verified data of products and are ok.
- Locked : in cas you have locked the purchase order
- Dropship : If you use Dropshipping extension, you are able to see if products of your purchase orders have been sent.
You can filled accounting information in your purchase order in accounting tab :
7. Supplier export¶
System -> configuration -> Advanced dataflow profile -> Export suppliers
Preparation before the export¶
A ) Create a readable folder :
- Please change the export profile definition using this list in the field
System -> configuration -> Advanced dataflow profile -> Export suppliers
Open it and, in the first tab called “profile action XML : “
in the field “action XML”
In the second CDATA part, please update the field list into the bracket [....]
and save the profile
Run the export¶
Just click on export and it will create file in :
Copy the exported file
Then run the profile
System -> configuration -> Advanced dataflow profile -> Import suppliers
1. Contacts management¶
You can manage supplier’s contacts withing Embedded ERP.
To list, add or edit contacts, select menu ERP > Purchasing > Supplier > [Select supplier] > Contacts tab
You can list all contacts from ERP > Purchasing > Contacts
2. Tax rates¶
Several taxes rates can be managed in a supplier order:
- A tax rate corresponding to transport charges and customs duties: it is the rate specified on the top part of supplier order.
- A tax rate to be used for each product: Every product can have its own tax rate. Default tax rate applied to products is to be configured in the section purchasing extension configuration (system > configuration > Purchasing extension > General).However this rate can be personalized per product by going in the sheet buying product. When the product is added to the order, the default rate or the product associated rate is recorded. You can change it directly in the supplier order form sheet.
In order to manage the tax classes available for supplier’s orders, use the form in the “Taxes” menu under the “Purchasing” menu.
3. Understand Out of stock message and configure the Supply Delay¶
When a product is Out of Stock and you have chosen the option “Allow Qty below 0 and Notify Customer” on the tab Stock of a product in ERP View,
an out of stock message is displayed on the front view.
LOGIC OF THE OUT OF STOCK MESSAGE¶
The message will display the most precise information possible choosing his source of information in this order :
I- Is there a back “Back in stock date” ? (It mean that there is at least a waiting for delivery purchase order with this product)
II- Is there an Out Of stock period ? (if defined)
III- Else, try to calculate a Supply delay - if no purchase order, erp calculate the supply delay (please look at section III of this page for details)
I- Purchase order - back in stock date
If you have a purchase order created for your product in “waiting for delivery” status, erp will store a
- back in stock date
- a waiting for delivery quantity
You can check these data in the ERP View, tab stock.
ERP keeps the best delivery date available on any “waiting for delivery” purchase order.
II- Out Of stock Period
If there is no purchase order created in waiting for delivery the out of stock period will be used.
This out of stock period is defined in :
You can configure the supply delay at many levels :
|First - supply delay used - Product level||In ERP -> products -> select a product -> tab”Purchase Settings” -> Default Supply Delay|
|Second - supply delay used - supplier settings and supplier / product association||
ERP -> products -> select a product -> tab Supplier -> Edit an assocation -> field Supply delay AND IN ERP > Purchasing > Suppliers >[supplier] > supply delay
Please see below details about Supplier supply delay.
|Third - supply delay used - Settings level||System -> Configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase Product -> Default supply delay|
About second and third supply delay parts, note that ERP calculate the delay with only workings days :
About the second Point in the array on the supply delay used - supplier / product association
- First of the supplier supply delay chosen is the one defined in ERP >Purchasing > supplier > [suppliers] > supply delay :
if ERP find in the association product / supplier that one supplier has stock it will take the shipping delay defined in :
- if ERP find in the association product / supplier that one supplier has a supply delay defined, it will take the better between suppliers, in ERP > Products > [product] > Suppliers tab > [suppliers associated] > Supply delay:
- if there is not any association between a product and a supplier, the supply delay choosen by ERP will be the default setting at the Purchase configuration level in :
System -> Configuration -> ERP -> Purchase -> Purchase Product -> Default supply delay
4. Export Purchase Orders¶
System > Import / Export > Advanced Dataflow Profiles > Export Purchase Order
System -> Import / Export -> Advanced Dataflow Profiles > Export Purchase Order Products
5. Sell the supplier stock¶
Only for the case where you import your supplier stock :
A- for example you have :
warehouse 0 = your stock
warehouse 1 = supplier 1
warehouse 2 = supplier 2
warehouse 3 = supplier 3
B- if you have the assignments of your warehouse like :
warehouse 0 = your stock, assignment Admin + all website = sales and order preparation
warehouse 1 = supplier 1, qty= 10 assignment Admin = only sales -> Admin + all website =only sales
warehouse 2 = supplier 2, qty= 20 assignment Admin = only sales -> Admin + all website =only sales
warehouse 3 = supplier 3, qty= 0 assignment Admin = only sales -> Admin + all website =only sales
C- if you have product quantity for a product A like that :
warehouse 0 = your stock, qty = 0
warehouse 1 = supplier 1, qty= 10
warehouse 2 = supplier 2, qty= 20
warehouse 3 = supplier 3, qty= 0
D- In case you have set backorder = no backorders if you have product availability quantity for a product A like that :
warehouse 0 = your stock, qty = 0
warehouse 1 = supplier 1, qty= 0
warehouse 2 = supplier 2, qty= 0
warehouse 3 = supplier 3, qty= 0
the product availability status of ERP will display the status of the product as ‘out of stock’.
and if you have the same quantity like point C, you will have on the front 30 quantities of the product because the product availability status will made the sum of available quantity of the suppliers warehouse for sales.
E -else In case your backorder for your product is set to ‘allow quantity below 0’ your product will be always sellable.
F- Then a customer process an order on the product A of 2 quantities it is important to understand that when ERP will consider the order it will affect the order to a warehouse, ERp choose the warehouse depending of the router you have set in :
System > Configuration > Advanced Stock > Router to associate order items to warehouse
so in your case you have to force the warehouse affectation to the warehouse 0 [your stock] .
by this way the customer buy the quantity available on your supplier warehouse and the quantity is affected to your own warehouse where you have your stock.
At this moment a supply need will be generated in order to supply a quantity of 2 to your supplier, then you will create a purchase order.
When you receive the product from your supplier, make sure to select the warehouse 0 for the deliveries in order to update your own stock and do not touch at the stock in the supplier warehouse that you update with an import.