This part describes different configuration elements of the extensions.
It is important to fill different configuration elements before using extensions.
If you get the message “Access Denied” during your first access, you have to disconnect and reconnect from administration interface in order the reboot permissions.
1. Magento configuration¶
Pay attention, this step is crucial
Magento automatically decrease a product stock when a shipment is created.
This is an issue for purchasing extension as it manages stocks via movements: This option has to be disabled with also the option which automatically puts again on stock a product when an order is cancelled: System > configuration > catalog > inventory > Stock option
A proper Magento CRON running is mandatory for ERP features : many heavy operations are performed by ERP (stocks update, product reservation, cost updates ...). To avoid to slow the user experience, many tasks are processed using background tasks. It means that some operations may take a few minutes to be processed.
To ensure ERP to work properly and efficiently, the Cron must be successfully executed every 1 minutes.
How to check cron execution ?¶
Then, you can supervise cron execution with table “cron_schedule” : this table logs all cron execution with “executed_at” column.
If your cron runs properly, you should see tasks executed every minutes.
ERP displays a notice about the cron behavior at the top of the admin panel, you can disable it in
System > Configuration > Background Task
Caution !! It seems that cron is not working on your server¶
It mean that the Magento CRON is not executed as fast as every minute, this message appear when ERP does not detect executed tasks time past 5 minutes in table “cron_schedule”. The CRON could be called manually using a URL like : www.yourwebsite.com/magento/cron.php
If you want to be sure that CRON processes data, you can activate the debug into
System > Configuration > ERP > Advanced Stock > Cron > Show debug html output
And launch again a few times www.yoursite.com/magento/cron.php to check.
Configure CRON on Cpanel (example : SITE5 server)¶
Go in your manager
- In the top right corner, select your website in the drop down menu
- In the left menu select entry Programming center > Cron Jobs
- Add a new cron job scheduled every 2 minutes
- Set command : /usr/bin/php -f /home/your_name/your_website/cron.php
- (please note this command is really an example and need to be adapted to your site path)
Configure Cron on SSH server (command lines)¶
- After connection on your SSH server established with an user (its not advised to create a cron task directly with root mod),
go on your FTP and create on root of your magento a file named path.php and upload it.
In path.php, write this code :
2)In your URL, write [YourWebsite]/path.php
3)You should get a path, then in command line enter :
cd [path gotten previously]
- You should be in your directory: make ls to be sure to find the same files on your FTP.
- Enter command:
Keep the first result that should be : /usr/bin/php
- Check rights of execution of your file cron.php :
do ls -ls
On the left of the list you can see rights of your folder
If file cron.php is not on 755, make :
chmod 755 cron.php
Make a new
ls –ls to check rights.
7 = Read, Write and Execute 5 = Read and Execute 755 = rwxr-xr-x777 = rwxrwxrwx
- Now, you need to have the absolute path of the file cron.php
Enter command :
and keep the result, Example :
8) Before create our cron task you need to check if one is not already created:
Enter command :
- To create a new task, enter command :
- tap i to be in insert mod, then go to the end of the file
- Here, write the cron task for example :
* * * * * usr/bin/php –f [Absolute Path]/cron.php
To quit the file, press Echap, write :wq! and press enter.
To quit command mod, write exit.
3. Background tasks¶
This section is for technicians.
A permanent stock, supply needs other tasks updates forces quit heavy processing. In order to avoid overloading customer’s and administrator’s interfaces, several tasks are processed in background.
This is “BackgroundTask” extension part.
You can configure it via System menu > Configuration > System > ERP > Background Tasks
|Delete failed Tasks ?||If selected as “no”, error tasks will stay in the records|
|History Duration||Number of hours while records are being saved|
|Developer Email Address||If an error occurs, an email will be forwarded to this address|
|Debug mode||If enabled, debug information are displayed in the html output when you manually execute cron (requesting url www.mywebsite.com/cron.php)|
|Store stack trace||If enabled, the stack trace for the method that scheduled the task is store. You can view task’s stack trace from menu ERP > Tools > Background task > [Task]|
4. Essentials points to check and configure before using ERP¶
Before beginning to use it, we warmly recommend you to configure at minimum these options