4. How to use drop shipping¶
1. Tab - Drop shippable¶
Go in ERP > Purchasing > Drop Shipping
You will get a page that sum mup the orders which the products are « dropshippable » and which the status are allowed by the configuration module.
This tab sum up the orders where the products are « dropshippable » and where the status are allowed to process to the order drop shipment, choose a supplier in the left list then the action to realise.
There are 4 possible actions¶
- Dropship request : this action send an email to the supplier with the products list that will be drop shipped, once the supplier has validated the request you can process to the creation of the purchase order and the drop shipment.
- Drop ship : allow the creation of the purchase order with the supplier notification to allow him to process to the dropshipment. Its the default action to process to a dropShip.
- Price Request : this action send an email to suppliers associated with the product that will be drop shipped to get a price from it. Once suppliers have given their prices you can process to the creation of the purchase order and the drop shipment and select on the left in drop down list the supplier with the better offer.
- Create purchase order allow the creation of the purchase order in the case which the supplier don’t have the needed qty, this action allow you to trace the status order with will move to « waiting for delivery ».
The color code of the item are :
- italic : the product is not stock managed
If the product is stock managed :
- red : the remaining quantity to ship > the quantity available in stock
- blue : the remaining quantity to ship than the remaining quantity to ship
- orange :If the reserved quantity is < than the remaining quantity to ship
- striped : the remaining qty to ship = 0 (everything is already shipped)
2. Tab - Pending Price Response¶
This tab sum up the price request that are waiting for response.
Once the response get (by email) you can confirm or reject the drop ship request by modify the status and clicking on the button « apply ».
You can then fill the field using the supplier response and click on apply.
Once applied, the order will move to Pending Supplier Response
3. Tab - Pending supplier response¶
This tab is used when waiting for the supplier to accept the dropship.
Once accepted, fill the field with the help of the supplier and click on Confirm. The order will move to Pending Shipping Confirmation tab.
4. Tab - Pending Shipping Confirmation¶
This tab is used to sum up the orders that wait for a confirmation from the supplier to be dropshipped.
Once the supplier confirmed you the dropship is ok, fill the Tracking number if you have one and click on Confirm shipping.
The order will move to Dropshipped History and the process is complete.
5. Tab - Dropshipped History¶
This tab is used to see the complete drop ship.
The log grid display the name of the suppliers, if you click on this you will be redirected on the supplier page this is the same way for order id, purchase order id.