1. Email Account¶
It’s mandatory to configure at least one Email account to use this tool in CRM > Tools > Email Management> Email Account
Each email account have to be understood as an identity used for communication.
Emails will be sent using this email account when you answer to a ticket.
For each email account, you can configure the email settings and also a signature.
The signature will be used as a default when a customer answer to a ticket.
Please note that these settings are usually provided by your email account provider.
- display name Enter a name used for this account in each menu of CRM Ticket.
- Choose the Magento’s Store associated with this account (This information is used for routing emails)
- Account type
- Select IMAP or POP, it’s the communication protocol with the incoming server Use SSL/TLS Use SSL or TLS if you want to secularize e-mail transfers.
Please check if your email provider support this Incoming server (Host) Enter the url or the IP address of the Host. It’s usually pop.myhost.com or imap.myhost.com Incoming server port
Enter the server port. It change depending of the account type and the Use SSL/TLS settings.
Common values are : POP:110, POP+SSL:995 IMAP:143, IMAP+TLS:585, IMAP+SSL:993
- Enter your account Login. could be “firstname.lastname@example.org” or just “john.doe” if host setting is “myhost.com”
- Enter your account’s password
- Email’s default signature
- Type the signature automatically put in each ticket response
- Custom Email for response
- Leave blank if you want to use the login as email for response, or type an other email address
- Tick the box if you want to use the cron with this account in order to import mail in ticket
One you have configured the settings, you can test tem using the Button “Test account settings”. If it work, you will get very fast a green a message “Your credentials are valid”. If you wait a while and you get a red message like “cannot connect to host; error = Connection timed out” or “No Network available” you need to contact your server administrator. Please note you need the Email’s standards port to be open by your server administrator to use this part of the tool properly.
The button “Check messages” will be detailed in “7. Email gateway” section.
1. Configure a Gmail account¶
If you encounter some problems of invalid login password even if you have the right ones, please activate this Gmail feature :
Categories are a very important part, enabling the automatic classification and routing of your tickets.
You can create as many categories as you want in :
CRM > Tools > Ticket configuration > Category
Categories are stored and displayed as a tree to enable you to order them very simply.
- has a name, to identify it
- could have parent category (ex : SALES -> AFTER SALES)
- could have a manager (a magento back office user). If there si no special routing rules, This user user will be selected by default ina ticket of this category.
- could be private : this category will not be visible on front form but will be usable in back office.
- can have a default reply delay. Reply delay s a tool visible in the ticket grid.
Ticket category can be translated from version 1.3.6. It is only use on the form on the front the language is selected based on the store view configuration.
The list of categories will be displayed in :
- the contact form, before creating a ticket on the /contacts page on the Front end.
- each admin panel CRM grid, to filter ticket by category of subcategory
- the ticket edition in back end
in version 1.2 : At least 2 hierarchical levels of categories should be created, or it will not work correctly on the contact form
The categories will be use to route ticket in the
When the ticket comes from an email :
CRM > Tool > Email management > Email to ticket management
When the ticket comes from an the contact form on the front:
CRM > Tool > Form management > Manager assignment
3. Default Reply¶
With CRM Ticket, you can configure default reply.
Default reply are predefined texts to answer quickly into a ticket thread.
You can create some default reply into : CRM -> Tool -> Ticket management -> Default reply
You can define a “Name”, a “QuickReply short Name” and “Content”.
|Name||Enter a name for this reply. This label displayed into the default reply drop down list accessible upper the message area|
|QuickReply short Name||Enter here a shortname. This shortname will be accessible in the quick action in the “All tickets” grid|
|Content||Enter here the default reply, this text will be inserted into message body|
By default, a ticket can have 3 different status :
- Waiting for admin
- An customer has created a ticket or has answered in an existing thread and it’s the turn to the admin to answer.
- Waiting for client
- An admin has created a ticket or has answered in an existing thread and it’s the turn to the customer to answer.
- the discussion is over for any reason, and this ticket is no longer accessible to the final customer for modification
5. Routing rules¶
CRM Ticket allows you to assign some information automatically to a new ticket, depending of these rules.
There are 2 sources of tickets :
You can define for each source, a routing rules :
- Email : Go to CRM -> Tools -> Emails management -> Email to ticket management
- Forms : Go to CRM -> Tools -> Forms management -> Email account assignment
1. Email routing rules¶
If you want to know how work this option, take a look at “7. Email Gateway” -> “3. Email routing rules”
2. Form : Manager assignment¶
Routing rules : Form - Manager Assignment
If you want to manage theses rules, go to CRM -> Tools -> Forms management -> Email account assignment
Here, you can view, edit and create new routing rules. Let’s take a look at the creating process :
|Routing priority||Choose a priority for this routing rules : 1 priority 10. The priority will define in which order the rules are applied|
|Ticket category||Choose a category for the ticket|
|Store||Choose which web store|
|Manager||Choose a manager|
Manager assignments enables you to :
- route ticket to a manager depending of the category selected in the form
- prioritize these rules.
You can define that the Manager “John” wil be affected automatically to any ticket relative to the category “Product return”
3. Form : Email account assignment¶
Routing rules : Form - Email account assignment
This matrix enables to define routing rules between a Category selected in the form and the existing Magento stores in order to assign automatically an email account.
You can define a specific mail account for specific website and languages.
- If a French customer post a message, the email account will be “email@example.com”
- If an English customer post a message, the email account will be “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Or you can assign all customer from the main website to one email account. You can choose and define what you want.
If a customer post a message on the store “MyBikeShop.com” for the category “customer service”, the email account “email@example.com” will be used as an identity to answer to the customer.
6. Configure Email Template¶
Configure Email Template
Each time you will answer a ticket, you can choose a type.
If you use the type “email”, an email is sent to a customer.
This mail will be formatted using the default template configured in :
System -> Configuration -> Ticket -> Notification -> Email Template
In order to edit the template, go to : System > Transactional email
If you don’t find it, you can edit the file :
(where XX_XX is your language code)
We suggest you to customize this email template to fulfill your need.
These template has two specifics hidden flag :
This flag enable to cut only the last response of the customer while importing an email.
It is the “Ticket id” and it enable the Email gateway to route the email to the good ticket while importing it.
7. Basics tests¶
After configuring all the previous steps we suggest you to test the 2 entry points of the tool the forms and the emails
1. Form customer account tests¶
Customer account test :
- Login, in the front using a customer account on which you can access to the emails. In “My Tickets”, post a new ticket.
You have to :
- choose a category
- type a subject
- choose “it’s about”
- choose a priority
- type your message (you can also include attachment)
- and finally, click on submit
- Go in the admin back office and take a look at CRM -> All tickets
Check if :
- if the ticket appears
- if the information preselected matches with the rules you have defined in the Form routing rules (if you have created rules)
- Answer back to this ticket (if you have activated attachments, try to include one attachment)
- The customer shall receive an email including :
- A link to answer
- the chat history with the last admin response in first
- the attachments optionally
Please check the email address of the answer. You will also see the signature if you have defined one.
- Clicks on the link in the answer, login with the customer account , answer to the ticket (and add optionally some attachments)
- Go in the back office (always in CRM -> All tickets) and check if the response appears (with attachment optionally)
- On the left tab, in status, choose “Closed” and save.
- Go back to the customer account, you can’t answer back to the ticket, but you can see the complete ticket history.
Congratulation you have done the first part of the basics test !
2. Email import test¶
Email import test :
- Use the Email account that you have already created, or configure an email account, test it and activate it.
- Send an email to this email address.
- Wait 15min the cron to get the new mails or click on Check message (if you want to do it manually). Go to CRM -> Tools -> Email Management -> Email account, select your email account and you will see the button on the top right.
- Go in the admin back office and check if a ticket appears in the all ticket grid with the content of this email. All ticket grid is in CRM -> All tickets) Answer back to this ticket (if you have activated attachments, try to include one attachment)
- You shall receive an email (on your mailbox) including
- a link to answer
- the chat history with the last admin response in first
- the attachments optionally
- Answer to this mail directly in your email software or website (like Gmail). (if you have activated attachments, try to include one attachment)
- Wait 15min the cron to get the new mails, or do it manually like step c).
- go back to the ticket, the response text your wrote shall appear as a new message with the attachment optionally.
You have done all basics test !
Great, now, you have learn how to use the basics functions of CRM Ticket and you will see everything is working !