1. Account activation and configuration¶
1. Global configuration¶
Go in Sales > Marketplace > Configuration > Manage Account
- Barcode attribute : Select your magento attribute for EAN / UPC codes.
- Manufacturer attribute : Select the attribute to use for manufacturers.
- Brand attribute : Select the attribute to use for brands.
- Customer tax class ID : Select the customer tax class to use during order importation.
- Category depth for association : Set here the number of category’s level, that you have under the root category.
- Root category : Select your website’s root category
- Generate invoice : Enable this option to automatically generate invoice at order importation
- Order state : Select the status to apply to imported orders (If “Generate invoice” option is enabled, status will be “processing” in any case)
- Default payment method : Select the payment method to apply to imported orders
- Email bug report : Enter your email address for being notified about issues
- Display tool tab : Allows to display the “Tools” tab in Sales - Marketplace - CDiscount screen
- Display stack trace in error messages : Display more complete error messages (Recommended)
- Max : Define the maximum number of logs to keep in history (Recommended value: 500)
2. Cdiscount main configuration¶
Click on the “cdiscount(0)” link on the left to continue the configuration.
Barcodes are required information to provide in order to communicate with Cdiscount’s API.
Don’t enable these options if you don’t have an authorization from Cdiscount to not provide them.
- Remove barcode for matching : Set “No” by default
- Remove barcode for update feed : Set “No” by default
- Stock attribute : Select a custom attribute for stock value only if you don’t want to use the Magento standard “stock” field
- Description attribute : Not used. The description used during the product creation process is the one from the Magento standard “description” field
- Categories : Select in the list, the Cdiscount categories in which you want to sell products (use “Ctrl + click” to select more than one category)
- Build custom categories file : Click on this button to download the latest category list from Cdiscount
- Default product condition : Select the condition to apply on all yours products on Cdiscount
- Product condition attribute : Select an attribute if you need to customize condition value per product
- Disable automatic order acceptation : If set to “Yes”, you have to manually accept orders on Cdiscount seller account before orders to be imported in Magento (Recommended value: No)
Catalog Import Settings¶
These settings are no longer used by the extension.
- Max to export : The maximum number of products in a stream when sending price/stock updates to Cdiscount. Keep this number reasonably and in line with the quantity, you are selling.
- Log last request : If enabled, every communication with cdiscount will be saved on your server. This option is used for debugging purposes only
- Zip method : Requests sent to Cdiscount are zipped. Select the method to zip the requests. “Zip archive” is the most commonly used method
3. Cdiscount account configuration¶
The first configuration part is done, now you have to link your cdiscount seller account with the extension. To setup your account, click on the “Add New” button and click on “CDiscount” link.
- Account name : Set a name to identify this seller account, it’s only used in the extension (the name of your website for example)
- Active : Enable the synchronization of this seller account with Magento
- Package Prefix : Define a prefix to apply to request sent to Cdiscount by the extension (your website’s initials for example)
- Max order importation date : Start date for order importation (current date is automatically used if you leave the field empty)
- Login : Set your API login (can be found in your cdiscount seller account under menu “Settings - Your personal settings and bank details”)
- Password : Set your API password
- Seller product ID : ALWAYS select “SKU”
- Use sandbox : ALWAYS select “No”
Submit this form by clicking on “Save” button, if your API credentials are ok, new menus are added on the left.
4. Country configuration¶
If your seller account is well added, you should now see a new “Cdiscount FR” link on the left, and the “cdiscount(0)” link has been renamed “cdiscount(1)“
Click on the “Cdiscount FR” link to continue.
- Active : Activate or no, the synchronization of your seller account
- Reset update : Use this button to mass update all products synchronized between your seller account and the extension
- Enable product update : Activate or not, the product update process
- Enable order importation : Activate or not, the order importation process
- Enable tracking export : Activate or not, the shipping confirmation on Cdiscount
- Enable product creation : Activate or not, the product creation process
- Price attribute : By default, our extension uses magento product price field to set prices on cdiscount. You can setup a different attribute to use.
- Is price attribute including taxes ? : Yes or No, if your prices are set excluding taxes in Magento, taxes will be automatically applied before to send prices on Cdiscount
- Price coef : Coefficient to apply in order to customize Magento prices to send on Cdiscount
For example, 0.9 if you want to see your Magento prices lower by 10% on Cdiscount, or 1.1 if you want to see your Magento prices higher by 10% on Cdiscount
- Currency : Select EUR as currency for Cdiscount
- Margin min : Not used
- Eco part attribute : Magento attribute used to customize the “éco-participation” tax per products
- Eco part (default) : Use this field if you want to set a fix amount, for all your products, for the “éco-participation” tax
- Dea attribute : Magento attribute used to customize thr the “DEA” tax per products
- Dea (default) : Use this field if you want to set a fix amount, for all your products, for the “DEA” tax
DEA is a specific “éco-participation” tax applied to wooden furniture, etc...
- Country : Select the country to use for the tax calculation
- Region : Select the region to use for the tax calculation
- Zip code : Select the zip-code to use for the tax calculation
These values are used during order importation in order to retrieve products taxes as defined in Magento.
Only the country field is mandatory
- Store ID : Select the Magento store to use to send products information on Cdiscount and also to import Cdiscount orders
- Customer group ID : Select the customer group to use when creating customers for imported orders
- Weight unit : Select the weight unit used in your Magento
- Standard shipping method : Magento shipping method used to calculate “Standard” shipping charges
- Registered shipping method : Magento shipping method used to calculate “Registered” shipping charges
- Tracking shipping method : Magento shipping method used to calculate “Tracked” shipping charges
- Default shipment delay : Set, in days, your shipment delay
- Preparation Time : Allow to customize preparation time value per product with a custom attribute
- Preparation Time (default) : Default value used for all products
- Enable : Activate or not, the debug mode
When activate debug mode, packages will be generated and queries logged but nothing will be sent on Cdiscount
2. Category association¶
The category association is a mandatory step if you need to create products from Magento on Cdiscount.
Before to start associating your categories, you need to retrieve the latest category list from Cdiscount.
Go in Sales > Marketplace > Configuration > Manage Account, click on “cdiscount (1)” in the left menu, and then click on the “Build” button from “Build custom categories file” option.
Once done, let’s go to the next step
How to associate a category ?¶
Go in Sales > Marketplace > Configuration > Manage categories
To associate a category, click on the “Edit” link and then use the drop-down lists to find the corresponding Cdiscount category and sub-category.
You need to select a value for each drop-down list. Once done, the “Association” field is filled with the category ID (for example 0U010201)
Click on “Save” to validate the association.
3. Brand association¶
The brand association is a mandatory step if you need to create products from Magento on Cdiscount.
The attribute used for brand and/or manufacturer attributes in the configuration has to be a “Drop down” Magento attribute
How to associate a brand ?¶
- Make sure that your brand & manufacturer attributes are properly configured in Sales > Marketplace > Configuration > Manage account. If you are not sure, select the same attribute for both.
- Go in Sales > Marketplace > Cdiscount, into “Brands” tab
- Download the latest brands from cdiscount using button “Synchronize“
If you have a “Check login/password configuration” error message, go in the configuration, save again your Cdiscount API credentials, and try again.
- Launch an automatic association with button “Automatic association“
- Then, if you still have missing associations, you must do it manually clicking on the “Edit” button and selecting the right brand in the drop-down list
If one of your brands is not in the list, contact the Cdiscount support to request his creation. Once you get the confirmation that your brand has been created, use the “Synchronize” button to download the updated brand list, and try to associate your brand.