5. Use of an existing list of barcodes¶
You can use your own list of barcode for the barcode generation, for example if you already have a GS1 barcode list.
For that, you will need a text file which contains all barcodes, structured in this way :
Once your barcode file is done, go to
System > Configuration > Barcode label, then open the “General” panel and click on
You should now have a barcodes list screen, like that:
To import a list of barcode, click on
[Select a file] in the upper right corner and choose your file.
There are two import modes :
- Append : The new list of barcode will be added to the one who already exist.
- Replace : Replace the existing list by the new one.
Once you have selected your barcode list and choosen the import mode, click on
Then, return on
System > Configuration > Barcode label and open the General panel to find this option :
This is the “Generation method” option, which defines how barcodes will be generated when you create a new product.
This option have two modes :
- Random : Generates a random barcode using the product id.
- Predefined List : Use barcode from a barcode file.
So if you want to use your own barcode list, choose “Predefined list” as Generation method.
When Barcode label will generate a barcode for a new product it will use the id1, then the id2...