4. Barcode Inventory Configuration¶
To configure the extension, select menu
System > Configuration, and then
Catalog > Barcode Inventory.
If you get an “Access denied” message, logout and login yourself from the admin panel to reset permissions.
Product barcode attribute : Select here the Magento attribute that contains products barcode.
If you are using embedded ERP, select any attribute, ERP will override the barcode management.
If you also use Barcode Label extension, you must use the same barcode attribute in both extensions.
Default mode : Defines the default mode used in Barcode Inventory. There are 3 possible modes :
- Increase mode : When you scan a barcode, product’s stock level is automatically increased (+1).
- Decrease mode : When you scan a barcode, product’s stock level is automatically decreased (-1).
- Manual mode : When you scan a barcode, product’s information is displayed and you can manually change the stock level (+1 or -1).
Save mode : Defines when stock changes are applied :
- Immediate : Stock level are automatically updated every time you scan a product.
- Manual : You have to to click on
[Save]when all products are scanned to update stock level.
Immediate mode is more safe, but it will cause delay between two product scans.