Before to upload file, enable your magento caches.
This will prevent Magento to try to install extension before all files are uploaded.
Also, if you have any :
- APC cache
- Redis cache
- Magento compilation activated
–> Please disable them
Download the last release from your BoostMyShop account.
It is strongly recommended to install that new extension on a staging (pre-prod) server first, so that any potential error can be solved.
Unzip the module archive and drag and drop the folders from the left tab to the right tab (your remote root site location)
You just need to upload this file structure to your server on the same file structure provided by Magento.
No code file will be erase : All code files will be available into /app/code/community/MDN
Once all files are uploaded, refresh your magento caches.
Then logout from your magento back office and login again to reset permissions.
- If you have made customization in the extension, before to upload files make sure :
- To identify and save all customizations (in app/code/community or app/code/local)
- To apply these customizations in the new version, be careful whit this, it is advised to realize this with your developer in order to adapt the code properly.
- Then follow the installation process above.
- In case you never made any customizations please just follow the installation process.
How to uninstall the module¶
Disable Amazon & MarketPlace modules
- Edit app/etc/modules/MDN_Amazon.xml
- Change true by false
- Do the same in app/etc/modules/MDN_MarketPlace.xml
- Once both files are edited
- Go in your Magento back office in System - Cache Management
- Select All and refresh your caches.
Amazon & MarketPlace modules are now correctly disabled.
Remove files from FTP
- app/code/community/MDN/Amazon + all included files
- app/code/community/MDN/MarketPlace + all included files
- app/code/local/MDN/Amazon + all included files
- app/code/local/MDN/MarketPlace + all included files
- /MarketPlaceFeeds + all included files
- app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/Amazon + all included files
- app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/MarketPlace + all included files
- js/mdn/amazon + all included files
- lib/MDN/Marketplace + all included files
- skin/adminhtml/base/default/images/Marketplace + all included files
- Drop table market_place_categories
- Drop table market_place_data
- Drop table market_place_logs
- Drop table market_place_required_fields
- Drop table market_place_token
- Drop table market_place_internationalization
- Drop table market_place_status
- Drop table market_place_feed
- Drop table market_place_accounts
- Drop table market_place_configuration
- Drop table market_place_accounts_countries
- Drop table market_place_brands
- Drop table amazon_optionnals_fields
- Drop table amazon_variation_types
- Delete column marketplace_order_id in sales_flat_order table
- Delete column marketplace_item_id in sales_flat_order_item table
- Delete column from_site in sales_flat_order table
–> Amazon & MarketPlace modules are now completely uninstalled.